Article provided by: Texas Pride Restoration
The walls, ductwork, ceiling, and floor of your Fort Worth, TX home can become damaged by water from a leak or flood. In a situation like this, it is essential that you act fast. At Texas Pride, we offer excellent and professional water damage restoration services. Our trusted experts can help in cleaning, drying, and restoring water-damaged areas in your Fort Worth home. Our Fort Worth water damage restoration services are well-detailed and carried out with a high level of professionalism.
What Causes Water Damage?
When excess water begins to pool in areas where it shouldn’t, we have a situation called water damage. There are different causes of these issues. Knowing about the different causes can help you prevent water damages. It will also help you to notice the problem in time and have it fixed before it gets worse. The major cause of water damage include:
- Bursting or leaking pipes and other plumbing problems
- Clogged drains including toilets, sinks, and tubes
- A buildup in areas prone to collecting water such as crawl spaces, attics, and basements
- Issues with the HVAC system
- Damaged ceilings
- Malfunctioning household appliances like dishwashers and washing machines
- Torrential downpours and other weather-related water problems/natural disasters.
What Are The Signs Of Water Damage?
Water damage can be evident in some instances but this is not always the case. It is a known fact that many water damages occur over a period of time until the homeowners notice and try to get them fixed. By the time the signs become too evident, the underlying problem must have become very severe. To forestall such a situation, you need to know the major signs of water damage. The following are the most common signs to look out for:
- A steady increase in a water bill
- Pooling water or puddles
- An unusually cold home that is difficult to heat
- Peeling/bubbling paint
- A musty odor from certain areas of the home like basement and cellars
- Cupping wood floors
- Mold spore buildup
- Discoloration of your wall.
How Do You Restore Water Damage?
The process of restoring water damage depends on a lot of factors including the cause of the damage and the class/severity of the damage. In very simple cases, water restoration can involve simply vacuuming up water and drying out a room. The ideal process includes:
- Inspection to determine the extent of damage
- Water removal with pumps and vacuum
- Drying and dehumidification
- Cleaning and sanitizing belongings
- Restoration involving the replacement of materials like drywall and insulation.
How Long Does It Take To Dry Out Water Damage?
This damage will depend on such factors as the extent of the damage and saturation, as well as how long the property has been exposed to water. It takes an average of 2 to 3 days to dry an average home but if the home has been exposed for a long while, it may take about 5 days to dry out water damage.
Act Fast Now!
Water damage is a serious issue that should never be ignored. Once you notice water from a leak or flood has taken over your room, call our experts at Texas Pride immediately. We provide affordable, prompt, and reliable services. We are the ideal Fort Worth water damage restoration expert that has what it takes to provide a fast, effective, and long-lasting solution to your frequent water damage issues. With us, you are guaranteed to get excellent services that give 100% customer satisfaction.Fort Worth Water Damage Restoration
View Larger Map